Our quick thing engineer Daniel was able to make safe a dangerous situation this week when called out to a water heater that was unsafe.
An LPG water heater in a mobile home was over gassed and had a blocked heat exchanger. Daniel responded to the call within the hour and isolated the dangerous appliance immediately. The gas boiler removal was due to high levels of Carbon Monoxide Fumes in the property.
Fortunately for the tenant in the property, the appliance had stopped providing hot water and Ability were called before the poisonous gases had been inhaled.
The CO Alarm had not been checked or tested and the LP gas heater had not been serviced or maintained. It was a blessing in disguise that the tenant reported that the landlord thathot water was not being produced and booked an appointment with us to attend.
Gas Safety in the Home and Office and CO responsibility
your safety is our priority and to enable us to make sure you and your family are safe in your home or your office, or other working environments we need to check your appliances regularly.
CO may be emitted from any faulty cooking or heating appliance powered by any fuel that burns gas. If there is sufficient air at the flame, carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced, not CO. CO2 is a greenhouse gas but CO is lethal because less than 2% in the air can kill in between one and three minutes. Please ensure you have a Carbon Monoxide alarm and your appliances are regularly serviced. See your SAFE.