Homeowner gas record, Landlords gas safety certificate or CP12

At Ability, we offer a Gas Certificate and Gas Safety testing, inspections and Certification of almost all types. We can carry out testing in both domestic and commercial properties. This can include all appliances connected to your gas supply. We offer gas services for both the homeowner and the Landlord. We have various Estate Agents, Letting Agents, Management company’s Leisure centres, nursing homes, charity’s, offices, industrial units and all other organisations on our books. So a homeowner gas record can be issued as well as a Landlords gas safety record.

Gas central heating

There is a promotional offer to Service a gas appliance for a discount price when carrying out an inspection.
Are you selling your home and need a Gas Safety Certificate for the Sale?
Are you letting your property and need a CP12?
If you’re you in need of a Homeowner Gas record or Certificate for insurance purposes?

Landlords Gas Safety Certificate and CP12

We regularly carry out gas safety inspections for landlords and agents and issue a gas certificate CP12 (landlords certification.) This involves an inspection and testing of your gas meter, gas supply throughout the property. We inspect the gas appliances connected including flues to appliance, ventilation requirements and safety requirements for minimum distance requirements.

A CP12 is a LEGAL requirement and when issued becomes a LEGAL document

Special Offers with Gas Certificate – We can include a Boiler, Gas Fire or Cooker/Aga service with your CP12 and this is an option that many of our regular customers like to take us up on as we offer a discount on service of one appliance if we are carrying out a CP12 at the same time at the same property.

As our engineer is on-site doing a gas inspection we offer a Boiler, Fire or Cooker/Aga Service Half Price.

Please give our office a call if you would like to take us up on this offer or would like to discuss this option so we are able to give you an idea of the regular cost and the discount price on our gas certificate.

  • A description and location of each appliance/flue checked
  • Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
  • The date on which the check was carried out
  • The address of the property where the appliance/flue is installed
  • Also, the name and address of the landlord (or their agent where applicable)
  • Any safety defect identified and any action required or taken to rectify it
  • Confirmation of the results of the operational safety checks carried out on the appliances

Landlords also have a legal duty to maintain pipework is a safe condition, so many proprietary forms also include the facility for the registered engineer to record the results of pipework integrity tests which indicate whether or not the pipework installation is safe.

We also offer gas inspection certificate. This will cover up to four appliances in your office or home.

A gas inspection certificate is carried out in addition to a CP12.