Yesterday at Ability we carried out local commercial servicing on gas boilers, gas fires and space heaters in Tunbridge Wells Kent. A local Arts centre in a church building that we have looked after for some time now.
Having ventured into the commercial industry over the last five years, we have a growing demand for local Schools, Nursing homes, charities and local commercial offices and industrial units.
We are qualified in servicing boilers, servicing gas fires and servicing space heaters. We are also qualified in the installation and maintenance of all commercial appliances from breakdown or repairs to purging and commissioning.
The importance of having your gas appliances serviced and tested cannot be stressed enough as the safety, and good operation is most important for the longevity of the appliance.
Our Competence in Local Commercial Work includes servicing boilers, servicing fires and servicing space heaters.
As a developing spa town, Tunbridge Wells was short of church capacity and had no parish church. In 1818, the Church Commissioners created a fund to provide new churches in growing towns, for which it was decided by the residents and visitors to the town to apply for. Led by Lord Abergavenny, a subscription fund was started, which raised the £10,591 construction costs. Architect Decimus Burton (1800–1881), who had already been commissioned to design villas in Calverley Park, agreed to design the building, to a then popular Gothic Revival architecture style. Built in locally quarried sandstone from Calverley Quarry, the first stone was laid on 17 August 1827. Constructed by Mr Barrett of Tunbridge Wells, the finished church, which cost just over £12,000 to complete including fitting out, was consecrated in September 1829.
Due to the popularity of Tunbridge Wells in the Victorian age, a number of churches were built in the town. Hence following the fall in congregation numbers after World War II, the town had a number of churches which were in great need of major maintenance. As the largest church in the town, it was decided to decommission it. The church held its last religious service in 1972.