So on the first visual inspection, we established the ignition electrodes within the combustion chamber had perished under the constant heart over the years, this is a common issue that we address every day. Then we discovered that the flue temperature sensor safety thermostat had become very rusty. This, however, wasn’t the reason the Worcester Bosch lockout kept occurring.
After carrying out several tests with a volt meter, we quickly determined that the PCB (like a mother board) had malfunctioned and no longer supplied power to the relevant components. A brief chat with the technical department at Worcester Bosch and we determined the correct part number.
We have a direct technical help line to Worcester Bosch, and their service is of a very high standard. It was a worth while call as there had been a modification to this model of the boiler and so it was important to get the correct PCB.
We were able to fit all their new parts and service the boiler; the customer was so pleased we are now sending our Bathroom specialist along to carry out a survey and free quotation to supply and fit a new Bathroom.