- Working Hours – Ability Ltd. requires access to the customer’s premises within our usual working hours of 8 AM to 5 PM. If the customer is unable to provide access during these hours, and we are required to work overtime at the customer’s request, the additional cost for overtime will be charged in addition to the quoted price. Any overtime charges will be communicated and agreed upon in advance between Ability Ltd. and the customer.
- Programme of Work – Ability Ltd. will make every effort to meet the customer’s requirements within a reasonable time frame. However, we cannot guarantee a specific date for the commencement or completion of the work. Any estimated time frames provided are based on current circumstances and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Ability Ltd. shall not be liable for any delays that are beyond our control, including but not limited to delays caused by third-party suppliers, subcontractors, or acts of nature. We will communicate any significant delays to the customer as soon as possible and work with the customer to find a mutually acceptable resolution.
- Making Good, etc. – Ability Ltd. will take every care during the execution of the work, but we cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused to plasterwork, decorations, flooring, or any other part of the premises unless it is specifically provided for in this quotation. Any cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will be made good, but we will not provide permanent finishing or decoration. While floorboards will be re-fixed, we will not refix any special flooring permanently. Ability Ltd. will only accept responsibility for damage caused by the negligence of the company, its employees, or agents. Any claims for damages must be made in writing to Ability Ltd. within 48 hours of the damage occurring.
- Water Heating – Ability Ltd. provides quotations for water heating installations based on the assumption that the existing plumbing system is in a satisfactory condition. We cannot accept responsibility for any defects that may arise in water tanks, pipes, or any other part of the plumbing system during or after the installation work, unless it is a result of our negligence or willful misconduct. Any defects or issues with the existing plumbing system must be brought to our attention prior to commencing work. If any unforeseen issues arise during the installation, we will communicate them to the customer and work with them to find a mutually acceptable solution.
- Way Leaves – The customer is responsible for obtaining and retaining any necessary consents, easements, or way leaves required for the installation of underground distributing mains or overhead distributing lines that are located within the customer’s own property or on privately-owned property over which the customer has rights of access or tenancy. The customer shall also be responsible for any reinstatement of disturbed ground resulting from the installation work. Ability Ltd. will provide assistance in obtaining necessary consents and easements where possible, but ultimate responsibility lies with the customer. Any costs associated with obtaining consents, easements, or way leaves shall be borne by the customer, and any delays caused by the lack of necessary consents or easements shall not be the responsibility of Ability Ltd.
- Licenses – It is the responsibility of the customer to obtain any necessary licenses, permits, or other authorities required for the execution of the work. Ability Ltd. will provide assistance in identifying any necessary licenses or permits, but ultimate responsibility lies with the customer. The customer shall bear all costs associated with obtaining any necessary licenses or permits. Ability Ltd. shall not be held liable for any delays or costs incurred due to the lack of necessary licenses, permits, or authorities required for the execution of the work.
- Guarantee – Ability Ltd. guarantees all equipment installation and apparatus supplied and fixed or supplied only under this quotation for a period of three (3) months from the date of completion of the work, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this quotation. Any defects due to faulty workmanship found within this period shall be repaired or replaced at our option, free of cost, unless otherwise specified in this quotation. This guarantee does not cover defects resulting from normal wear and tear, improper use, neglect, or any modifications or alterations made by persons who are not authorized by Ability Ltd. Any repairs, alterations, or additions to the equipment, installation, and/or apparatus must be carried out by Ability Ltd. or by a person authorized by Ability Ltd. If any repairs, alterations, or additions to the equipment, installation, and/or apparatus are carried out by any person who has not been specifically authorized by Ability Ltd., the guarantee shall be null and void. This guarantee is in addition to any warranties provided by the manufacturer of the equipment or apparatus, and/or apparatus must be carried out by Ability Ltd. or by a person authorized by Ability Ltd. If any repairs, alterations, or additions to the equipment, installation, and/or apparatus are carried out by any person who has not been specifically authorized by Ability Ltd., the guarantee shall be null and void. This guarantee is in addition to any warranties provided by the manufacturer of the equipment or apparatus.
- Fluctuations – The prices quoted in this quotation are valid for acceptance for a period of 10 weeks from the date of the quotation. If the works are ordered for completion within 12 weeks from the date of the quotation, the quoted prices will remain fixed. However, if the works are not ordered within this period or if the completion date is beyond 12 weeks from the date of the quotation, prices may be subject to variation. Any additional costs incurred due to price fluctuations beyond our control, including but not limited to changes in the cost of materials, labour, or transport, will be charged to the customer at cost. Ability Ltd. will provide reasonable notice to the customer of any price variations. Special offers, if any, will be subject to a closing date specified in the quotation.
- Terms of Payment – Payment for completed work shall be due upon completion of the work, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by the parties. If payment is not made at the time of completion. Ability Ltd may charge the credit or debit card supplied by the client at the time of booking, unless an invoice is requested and agreed upon. A deferred payment will be created for the quoted amount plus VAT at the time of booking, unless a deposit is taken. Failure to make payment within the stated time shall incur an interest charge of 4% per month. If the customer wishes to pay the balance with a different card to the one used for the deposit, they must provide this information before the job is started, failure to do so will mean the balance is taken from the original card.
If progress payments have been agreed upon, payment shall be made at not less than fortnightly intervals, for the total value of the work completed and/or materials delivered to the site or to Ability Ltd.’s stores. Any progress payment shall become due and payable within fourteen days of the application.
In the event that a progress payment is not made in full within the time specified above, Ability Ltd shall have the right to stop all work immediately. In such an event, Ability Ltd may, at its option, treat the contract as having been repudiated by the customer and charge the customer for the work done and materials supplied on a quantum merit basis. This shall be without prejudice to Ability Ltd.’s right to claim damages for breach of contract and any loss incurred in respect of plant and materials purchased or prepared for the work.
If Ability Ltd elects to resume work upon receipt of full payment, the expense incurred by the stoppage and subsequent resumption of work shall be chargeable to the customer in addition to the quoted price.
- The non-completion of the building as a whole or of the work of any other trade shall not affect or delay any payment due. Ability Ltd retains a lien upon all materials, plant, and machinery, even though installed or delivered on-site, for the whole of any unpaid balance due to Ability Ltd hereunder.
- Extra Cost – In the event of suspension or cancellation of work at the request of the Customer, or lack of instructions or delay on-site, caused by matters beyond the control of Ability Ltd any extra expense thereby incurred shall be chargeable to the Customer. If overtime is worked or alterations are made at the request of the Customer, the extra cost incurred including a reasonable addition for administration expenses and overhead charges will be met by the Customer.
- Provisional Sums, Variations, and Additions to Contract – Where the quotation includes a Provisional Sum for meeting the cost of provisional or specialist work to be done or material or apparatus to be supplied, such sums shall be expended are used wholly or in part, at the discretion of the Customer and entirely as he may desire or direct. Charges for work carried out by Ability Ltd included in Provisional Sums and charges for Additions and Variations to the Contract shall, in the absence of supplementary estimates, be invoiced at standard day work rates for Contract Additions in accordance with the quotation or as otherwise agreed beforehand.
- Position of Fittings, etc. – Positions of lighting points, switches, plant, etc., if not provided for in the quotation and associated drawing are to be determined before work is commenced and any change required therein shall be notified by the Customer to Ability Ltd in writing, in sufficient time not to impede the progress of the work. Any extra work necessary to meet such changes will be chargeable to the Customer in addition to the quoted price.
- Tests – The installation work will be tested during progress and upon completion, for insulation resistance, earthing, and continuity. Such tests are to comply with the current edition of the IEE Regulations for the Electrical Equipment of Buildings. Any other tests required by the Customer will be charged as an extra to the quoted prices unless such tests are definitely specified and included in the quotation.
- Consequential Loss or Damage – Ability Ltd shall not be responsible for any consequential damage or loss arising out of the performance of the Contract, except by reason of the negligence of Ability Ltd or its employees or agents
- Damage in Transit – Where the price quoted includes delivery, Ability Ltd will repair or replace, free of charge, goods damaged in transit, provided the carriers and Ability Ltd receive notification of such damage within three days of delivery and that such notification is confirmed in writing within seven days, but not otherwise.
- Scope of Conditions of Contract – These conditions of contract will apply in full to all quotations and work carried out, and/or apparatus or equipment supplied by Ability Ltd under such quotations, except where specifically agreed in writing to the contrary.
- Taxation – The price quoted is subject to any subsequent variation in taxation.
- Existing pipework & fittings – All temporary maintenance and repairs made to existing taps, toilets, sanitaryware, heating controls, pipework, radiators, boilers, and fittings or any similar item within a property will not be guaranteed. Ability Ltd will not take responsibility for any period of time for these temporary repairs. The customer is expected to replace any components, faucets, or mechanical controls immediately after an engineer makes an adjustment or restores a leak or faulty component as a temporary measure.